Thanks for Your Interest
We’re glad you’re interested in republishing Undark’s journalism. Unless otherwise noted, and within the time window indicated below, you are welcome to do so for free. Our “Republish” link, found at the top of most of our articles, makes grabbing the basic HTML — and complying with our guidelines — almost effortless.
Note: These guidelines are for digital republishing only. If you are interested in re-publishing an article in print, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain permission. Also: If you don’t see our “Republish” link on an article, it is not available for republishing.
Here’s what we require:
Use Within 90 Days
• Ninety (90) days following first publication at Undark, full ownership of most of our original published material reverts back to the contributors whose bylines and/or credits you see accompanying each article, photograph, or other work. If the publication date on an article you’d like to use is more than 90 days old, Undark requests that you get in touch with the named contributor to negotiate further usage. If you have questions, send us an email at email@example.com.
Include Our Tracking Pixel
• You must include our tracking pixel code, a short snippet of HTML that lets us know how much traffic our story has received. If you use our “republish” button, the pixel code will be included automatically at the bottom of the article. It takes up no space, and will be enclosed in a standard tag.
Do Not Edit
• You can write your own headlines and subheads, of course, but you cannot otherwise edit our material, except to reflect relative changes in time or location, or to make minor adjustments for editorial style. If you want to make material edits, including any cuts or additions, you will need to run them by us first. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for questions on this front.
• You must credit us, ideally in the byline (“Author Name, Undark Magazine”) and link back to either our home page or the article URL. If your CMS or site style does not allow for this, we ask that you include a line at or close to the top of the page indicating that the story originally appeared at Undark Magazine. Including our logo, available here, is also greatly appreciated.
Be Careful With Images
• Many images used by Undark are purchased from commercial agencies, which don’t allow their images to be republished without permission or payment. You are responsible for obtaining permission for any images not produced by Undark.
Don’t Abuse the System
• You are not permitted to sell our material.
• You are not permitted to redistribute our articles to other publishers for free.
• You are not permitted to lift our articles from, or credit our articles to, other sites where you may find them. Undark must always be credited clearly and prominently as the publisher of origin.
• You are not permitted to republish all of our articles; you need to select stories to be republished individually.
• If you republish our material, your site must include a prominent and effective way to contact you.
• Undark reserves the right to revoke republication permission to any publisher at any time and for any reason.
For questions or clarification on our republication guidelines, please email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Undark!